Julie Sloan OAM
Workforce Planning Global
9:00 AM OPENING KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: Opening Remarks by IQPC and Opening Keynote Presentation by the Conference Chair
Advanced Workforce Planning – What Does it Look Like?
To deliver quality workforce planning you need to understand all aspects from beginners, intermediate to advanced. Workforce Planning continues to advance rapidly around the globe and Julie Sloan OAM and Chief Executive, Workforce Planning Global has her finger on the pulse of these developments. As the longstanding conference Chair for the Workforce Planning for the Public Sector Summit, Julie will open the conference to discuss what advanced workforce planning looks like, including:
- Positioning your Department for quality workforce planning output – capabilities, systems and leadership
- Automated workforce planning - core elements and technology
- Assessment methods for determining criticality of workforce segments
- Using foresight and future techniques in strategic thinking and scenario planning
- Applying workforce planning outcomes to department structure and workforce design
- Workforce Planning Apps
1:20 PM EXPERT PANEL DISCUSSION: Best Practices for Managing Workforce Planning and Engagement for the Remote and Distributed Workforce
Management of a range of workforce types, whether it be remote, distributed or casual, becomes challenging in trying to create harmony and maturity within your workforce as a whole. With the increase in flexible and mobile working, this session will outline how organisations need to take the right approach and actions to better manage your workforce planning strategy and engagement for the changing workforce.
- Understanding what your organisation requires to ensure a balance of staff management and independence of remote employees
- Strategies for ensuring retention, engagement, knowledge and skills to invest long term
- Investing in the right collaborative technologies that promote good culture and information sharing despite distance