Julie SloanChief Executive
Workforce Planning Global
Julie Sloan is a recognised international expert in strategic and operational Workforce Planning. She is the CEO of Workforce Planning Global; an author of two books and is regularly published in international magazines and newspapers.
She is Australia’s representative to the International Standardization of Organisations (ISO) TC260 Human Resource Management committee. Julie was the lead writer for both the inaugural Australian Standard in Workforce Planning (AS 5620:2015) and the inaugural ISO Workforce Planning Standard due for release late 2016.
Julie is sought after on the international and national speaking circuit as a speaker, facilitator and Chairperson. Julie is a Fellow of the Australian Human Resources Institute, has been recognised by Worldwide Who’s Who for excellence in Workforce Planning, is a member of the Global Women on Boards Group; and the Australian Institute of Company Directors. Julie has been recognized on the Minister for Status of Women South Australia Women’s Honour Roll (2008 and 2015) as an ‘inspirational woman’ for her commitment on a national level to strategic workforce planning in Australia.
In 2015 Julie was acknowledged as a UN subject expert after providing advice on succession and strategic workforce planning to the United Nations, Geneva. She has an enviable global client profile having worked in Europe, Canada, the USA the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Malaysia, Fiji, Singapore, the UK and China. She is very proud of her work with the country of Bhutan which in 2016 released the first global ‘whole of country’ workforce plan.
Now the Standards are completed Julie is focusing her work on Human Capital Reporting, Human Governance and personally assisting organisation implement the Standards.
10:00 AM Strategic and Operational Workforce Planning Master Class – from Foundational to Advanced Capabilities
- Building strategic and operational workforce planning capability
- Applying the Australian and ISO Workforce Planning Standards
- Understanding the more complex steps in workforce planning – segmenting the workforce, demand and supply gap analysis, future focused scenario planning
- Understanding low to high complexity workforce analytics
- Demonstration of a user friendly and transferrable to any size organisation workforce planning and analytics dashboard
- Applying evidence based workforce planning to workforce risk management and mitigation strategies
- Integrating workforce planning into the business planning cycle
- Establishing workforce planning succession in your organisation
- Measuring the ROI in workforce planning initiatives
9:00 AM Opening Remarks and Presentation by the Conference Chair: International Accreditation on Workforce Planning
- Avoiding silos – How to maintain relationships with key departments to increase skill sets and engagement of multiple roles
- Human Resources and Data Maturity – Understanding your responsibilities and what is required on your part to help facilitate growth in the workforce
- Analysing your organisation’s readiness for change and how to adapt a broad willingness to control change, engage early and engage often