Focus Day and Workshop: Monday, 27th November 2017
8:30 am - 10:00 am Conference Registration and Welcome Coffee
10:00 am - 4:00 pm Strategic and Operational Workforce Planning Master Class – from Foundational to Advanced CapabilitiesJulie Sloan, Chief Executive,Workforce Planning Global Quentin O’Grady, Senior Director, Workforce Strategy Branch,Queensland Department of Health
What an opportunity to learn from the best. Join international award winning and globally recognised leaders in Workforce Planning and HR Analytics as they deliver a Master Class in Strategic and Operational Workforce Planning.
Julie Sloan, lead writer of the Australian and ISO Workforce Planning Standards and CEO Workforce Planning Global, and Quentin O’Grady, Chief Architect of the Workforce Optimisation Tool will guide you through the core elements of and build your capability in foundational, intermediate and advanced level workforce planning, analytics and reporting.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Building strategic and operational workforce planning capability
- Applying the Australian and ISO Workforce Planning Standards
- Understanding the more complex steps in workforce planning – segmenting the workforce, demand and supply gap analysis, future focused scenario planning
- Understanding low to high complexity workforce analytics
- Demonstration of a user friendly and transferrable to any size organisation workforce planning and analytics dashboard
- Applying evidence based workforce planning to workforce risk management and mitigation strategies
- Integrating workforce planning into the business planning cycle
- Establishing workforce planning succession in your organisation
- Measuring the ROI in workforce planning initiatives
Julie SloanChief Executive
Workforce Planning Global
Quentin O’GradySenior Director, Workforce Strategy Branch
Queensland Department of Health
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm Workshop: Leveraging Workforce Metrics and Analytics to Enrich Your Employee Experience and Build Your Workforce for the FutureAdina Leu, Assistant Director, Workforce Analytics & Planning,Australian Financial Security Authority
Many organisations fall into the trap of collecting data but do not know how, or are not investing in utilizing the data, to understand how metrics and analytics can support strategic business and workforce development. Data is only valuable when organisations are able to make sense of it and tell a story, and in this interactive workshop, you will be taken through a detailed, step-by-step roadmap for leveraging metrics and analytics to help enrich your future workforce and influence data driven decision making for your business.
This workshop will be most valuable for organisations looking to embark on a journey towards workforce analytics and do not know or do not have a clear idea of where to start, or for organisations looking to increase their workforce analytics maturity.
What will the workshop cover?
- Evolving from ah-hoc HR reporting to workforce analytics, and enabling stakeholder engagement to determine the right solution, in-house or out-source, that will maximise organisational capabilities and meet objectives
- Understanding metrics and analytics (including predictive analytics) and what should be measured about our workforce
- Developing people managers’ data & visual analytics capabilities, to day-to-day and strategic evidence-based workforce decision making.
- Utilising and interpreting data for strategic decision making and the importance of data visualisation in communicating workforce insights
- Finding the balance between measuring productivity and ROI through metrics and analytics while still focusing on improving and enriching workforce culture
Adina LeuAssistant Director, Workforce Analytics & Planning
Australian Financial Security Authority