Interactive Workshops: Monday, 26th November 2018
12:00 pm - 2:30 pm Integrating Workforce Planning into Business Planning: How to Evolve Workforce Planning Frameworks and Strategy Beyond HRAlex Maron - Director, HR Strategies, Department of Finance
Future Workforce Planning is evolving in the public sector, where more organisations now understand the value of moving it outside from purely a HR strategy. Part of integrating workforce planning into business planning comes down to bringing the capability of managers in the organisation together to seek tools in developing the capabilities and processes that are informative and bring value to them for future decision making. To main relationships, avoid silos and create a resilient strategy, this workshop will highlight the importance in evolving workforce planning beyond HR.
What will the workshop cover?
- Understanding your organisations capability in developing frameworks and analysing data to create a fit for purpose plan that can be evolved into long term planning
- Effective methodologies for allowing diverse leaders across different branches to invest in skills and knowledge of understanding workforce planning in their business unit
- Developing the right language and tools to develop a simplified and functional strategy that can be embedded across the entire business
- Establishing workforce planning succession to prepare for transformation or machinery of government changes
Alex MaronDirector, HR Strategies
Department of Finance
3:00 pm - 5:30 pm Exploring Strategies to Harness Metrics and Analytics to Develop Maturity in Proactively Mitigating Future Workforce RisksRenault Phong - Director, Strategic Workforce Planning, NSW Department of Industry
In order to progress from utilising basic analytics to value add analytics, organisations must identify the gaps and capabilities in their workforce, understand their internal goals and what they want to achieve for future business strategy. Such planning will help to set the right targets and make more informed decisions that will keep your organisation proactive and mitigate future risks. With reference to the NSW Department of Industry’s recent strategy, this may involve collaborative thinking with departments and other industry leaders, automating processes or simplifying data capture into something more meaningful.
What will the workshop cover?
- Moving past basic demographics and analytics to investigate meaningful data that can be applied to make informed business decisions and analyse why trends are happening
- Encouraging regular monitoring of data to identify emerging workforce risks, especially in times of change, transformation and restructuring
- Translating workforce data and identifying the right type of data to utilise the results to align with business outcomes
- Enabling stakeholder engagement to determine the right solution, in-house or out-source, that will maximize organisations capabilities and meet business objectives
Renault PhongDirector, Strategic Workforce Planning
NSW Department of Industry